1. The definitions and rules of interpretation in this clause apply in these terms and conditions:
a) Manhatten Property: means Manhatten Property Management Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales (company number 11109203) whose registered office is at Exchange Building, 66 Church Street, Hartlepool TS24 7DN.
b) INVESTicity: means INVESTicity, a trading name of Manhatten Property Management Limited.
c) You: means the person, firm or company who engages the services of Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity to search for and identify properties and Your shall be construed accordingly.
2. You are under no obligation to purchase property through Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity. However, You authorise Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity to contact You when suitable property opportunities arise.
3. A non refundable reservation fee of £1000 is payable by You to Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity on reservation of a property.
4. A non refundable finder’s fee of 3% of the purchase price is payable to Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity on reservation of a property. The minimum finder’s fee chargeable is £3000. The finder’s fee may be transferred towards the finder’s fee of an alternative property, but, may only be transferred once. You acknowledge and agree that the finder’s fee is the commission You have to pay to Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity for sourcing the property.
5. If You exchange contracts or enter into a legally binding agreement for the purchase of a property introduced to You by Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity within one year of the said introduction, You shall pay Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity an introduction fee of 3% of the purchase price of the property. For the purposes of this clause, introduced to You by Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity means any property on which You have been supplied a Purchase Brief by Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity.
6. You shall:
a) not contact a developer, vendor or any of its agent regarding a property You have been offered by Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity other than to confirm specific information such as floor plans, sizes and specifications etc and only with prior written authorisation from Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity; and
b) in accordance with anti money laundering regulations supply photographic identification and proof of address to Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity, Your solicitors and Your mortgage brokers immediately after reservation of a property.
7. You acknowledge and agree that :
a) all information sent to You by Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity is private and confidential and should not be discussed with any third party unrelated to the agreement between Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity;
b) not all the properties introduced by Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity will match Your requirements in every respect;
c) a property may be withdrawn from the market before You receive details of it from Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity;
d) the details contained and any information provided to You are for guidance only. Any photographs, floor plans, sizes and specification are subject to changes and only give a general indication of a property. The Market Value of the property is an estimated value. It is based on comparable properties for sale or sold in the area as well as local agents opinion.
e) You shall satisfy yourself as to the correctness of any information provided by Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity before purchasing a property;
f) a seller/vendor may increase the price of a property at any time;
g) neither Manhatten Property nor INVESTicity offers any legal, surveying, financial, tax, accounting or other specialist advice;
h) Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity have recommended that You take appropriate legal and other advice and to use the services of solicitors, surveyors, valuers, financial advisers and other specialists, for whose fees You are solely responsible;
i) the choice of property is Your responsibility;
j) You should declare all the incentives You are to receive or have received in connection to the purchase of a property to any mortgage lender. You acknowledge and understand that a lender might reduce the amount You can borrow based on the incentives You are to receive or have received; and
k) exchange of contracts must take place no later than 28 days from receipt of contract from Your solicitors. Failure to do so could result in the vendor withdrawing a property and Your reservation fee being lost.
l) You understand that Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity might receive a referral fee from our panel of recommended brokers & solicitors.
8. Payments of any fees or incentives by Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity can take up to 10 days to reach Your bank account from the date of completion of the purchase of a property. Should You require a same day payment on the date of completion, You should inform Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity in writing prior to the date of completion enclosing a non-refundable fee of £20.
9. Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity shall endeavour to ensure that all information passed to You about any property is accurate and does not mislead. However, Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity are not responsible for the accuracy of any information provided to Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity by the sellers of properties or their agents or for the accuracy of any entry in any public register, and shall not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from the inaccuracy of any such information. Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity shall use reasonable endeavours to highlight any material inaccuracies of which it or they are aware, but shall not verify any information provided to it or them unless instructed by You to do so.
10. Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity give notice and You acknowledges that, in respect of any particulars of a property provided to You
a) the particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or a contract;
b) all statements made in the particulars are made without responsibility on the part of the Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity or the seller;
c) none of the statements contained in the particulars is to be relied on as a statement or representation of fact;
d) the seller does not make or give, and neither Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity nor any person in its or their employment has any authority to make or give, any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to the property.
11. While Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity make every endeavour to recommend only reliable and reputable providers of such services as finance, legal, surveying or any other associated services, Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity shall not be held responsible or liable for any loss or damage resulting from such recommendations. All contracts for such services shall be between You and the service provider in question, and Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from such contracts.
12. Except in the case of death or personal injury caused by Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity negligence, the liability of Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity under or in connection with these terms and conditions whether arising in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise howsoever shall not exceed the fees paid or due to be paid by You to Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity under these terms and conditions. The provisions of this clause 12 shall not apply to clause 15
13. Except in the case of death or personal injury caused by Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity negligence, the liability of Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity under or in connection with the these terms and conditions whether arising in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise howsoever shall not exceed the fees paid or due to be paid by You to Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity under these terms and conditions. The provisions of this clause 12 shall not apply to clause 15
14. No party shall be liable to any other party in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise for any loss, damage, costs or expenses of any nature whatsoever incurred or suffered by that other party of an indirect or consequential nature including without limitation any economic loss or other loss of turnover, profits, business or goodwill. The provisions of this clause 14 shall not apply to clause 15.
15. You shall indemnify and hold harmless Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity from and against all Claims and Losses arising from loss, damage, liability, injury to Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity, its or their employees and third parties, by reason of or arising out of any act, omission, delay or representation made by You, or in relation to any false or erroneous information provided by You to Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity. For the purpose of this clause ‘Claims’ shall mean all demands, claims, proceedings, penalties, fines and liability (whether criminal or civil, in contract, tort or otherwise); and ‘Losses’ shall mean all losses including without limitation financial losses, damages, legal costs and other expenses of any nature whatsoever.
16. Each of the parties acknowledges that, in entering into the agreement, it does not do so in reliance on any representation, warranty or other provision except as expressly provided in these terms and conditions, and any conditions, warranties or other terms implied by statute or common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes liability for fraud.
17. Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity reserve the right to terminate its or their relationship with You by written notice at any time.
18. You have the right to terminate the relationship with Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity by written notice at any time providing you have not already reserved a property through Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity. Should You have already reserved a property through Manhatten Property and/or INVESTicity, You have the right to terminate the relationship but only once the said property has been completed and providing no payment is outstanding.
Terms & Conditions
CONTENTS & ADVICE
The information provided throughout this website is not and cannot ever be intended either as financial investment advice or legal advice or otherwise.
This information is general information about property. All comments are of a general nature only. Any information provided does not and cannot ever take into account the particular financial situation, objectives or property investment needs of either you or anyone reading this information.
All investments attract a degree of risk and INVESTicity encourage all clients to undertake their own due diligence. Communication from our team is not intended to be and does not constitute advice or financial advice. Property prices can fluctuate and the value of your investment may go down as well as up. Investment performance is dependent on market conditions. Prices and financial illustrations are provided as guidance and are examples of the possible discounts, yields and returns that investors could achieve.
Any individual who chooses to act upon information contained on this website should always take independent specialist advice before making any decision to invest. Such specialist advice may be from a range of appropriate professional advisors.
The Site and all the content on the Site is provided for use "as is" and "as available" and any reliance upon the same is at your sole risk. Whilst We take all reasonable care to ensure that the content on this Site is accurate, We cannot guarantee its accuracy and We reserve the right to change the content on this Site at any time. We make no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this Site or the content of the Site, including any text, graphics, advertisements, links or other items. Further more, neither We nor any other contributor to this website make any representation or gives any warranty, condition, undertaking or term either expressed or implied as to the condition, quality, performance, accuracy, fitness for purpose, completeness or freedom from viruses of the content contained on the Site or that such content will be accurate, up to date, uninterrupted or error free.
limitation of liability
You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for the use to which you put this Site and all the results and information you obtain from it and that all warranties, conditions, undertakings, representations and terms whether expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Save in respect of liability for death or personal injury arising out of negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation, We and all contributors to this website hereby disclaim to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability for any loss or damage including any consequential or indirect loss or damage incurred by you, whether arising in tort, contract or otherwise, and arising out of or in relation to or in connection with your access to or use of or inability to use this Site.